Diabetic patients can also eat desserts, but care should be taken in making diabetic dessert for such people, below I would like to share, 12 tips to serve the desserts to the diabetic guests.
Diabetic dessert tips:
1. You can serve these people a salad of sweet melon, because there are some fruits which these people can eat. Just make cube of sweet melon, add in a bowl with some chopped mint leaves and tables spoon of honey. Serve it cool to delight your guests.
2. Bread pudding can also be a good option as diabetic desserts, which can be made by using brown bread and low calories sugar. In order to make these dessert low calories skimmed milk can be used.
3. Different types of fruit salads are great options for diabetic patients, which can be made by using seasonal fruits. Nowadays melon and water melon are available so utilize them and add a little honey as a sweetener.
4. Diabetic patients can eat everything, but in low quantity, so if your diabetic patient is a sweet lover make it accordingly.
5. You can substitute fruits like banana and mango with other less fruits like kiwi, melon, etc.
6. Try to be creative and improve the presentation in such a way that it doesn’t give bad look, when you make low sugar dish attractive than even non diabetic patients want to eat that.
7. There are many alternatives that we can adopt to make our dish appealing and healthy.
8. Diabetic dessert: When you make desserts by considering diabetic patient in mind than they can eat as much as they want and they will not need to control themselves to eat less or avoid such foods.
9. Even such type of deserts will not harm them, and they will even get benefited by them as they it will be healthier for them.
10. If you want to make milk shake for such patient then avoid adding extra sugar, as sugar which already present in fruit must be enough and make it by using skimmed milk so the milk sugar will also become less.
11. Diabetic desserts can be fun and colorful when you make them by using different colors of fruit.
12. Use sugar free instead of sugar to give them same sweetness.
You can adopt all the above tips and make your diabetic patient happy, believe me they will not be disheartened next time when they see that they are important for you. Make them feel important by showing them you care for them.